- 2023 Institutional Self Evaluation Report
- 2017 Institutional Self Evaluation Report
- Accreditation Steering Committee
- Accreditation Documents
- Special Accreditations
ContactAshanti Hands, Ed.D.
Open Forum with the ACCJC Visiting Team
As part of the Comprehensive Peer Review of the San Diego Mesa College reaffirmation of accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), the Visiting Team cordially extends an invitation to the college community, including faculty, staff, and students, to attend an Open Forum. This event presents an incredible opportunity for you to acquaint yourselves with the Team, gain insight into their objectives, inquire about their procedures, and contribute any pertinent information. The Open Forum will be conducted exclusively as an online event.
Please save-the-date for October 12, 2023, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Zoom registration link: http://bit.ly/MesaAccreditation2023
ACCJC Peer Review Team
Team ISER Review: October 17, 2023
This will be a one-day, virtual meeting in which the team develops a series of Core Inquiries.
Focused Site Visit: Week of February 26, 2024
On-site visit at San Diego Mesa in which the team will gather additional information via interviews, data requests, and meetings to discuss the Core Inquiries
San Diego Mesa College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
In June of 2017, San Diego Mesa College’s Accreditation was reaffirmed through 2024 via two letters by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) Western Association of Schools and Colleges, the regional accrediting agency that evaluates two-year colleges in California.
Following our most recent ACCJC team visit in 2017, Mesa's accreditation has been reaffirmed through 2024. During the reaffirmation process, the College received commendations for the following.
- Our committed tutoring services, employees, and collaborative team-oriented environments
- Our commitment to the ongoing professional learning of all employees
- Our leadership for instilling a student-centered culture across the campus
- Our student-centered approaches utilizing technology resources
- Our development of operational data reports and survey results that facilitate data-informed dialogue and decision-making
Our institution has embraced self-reflective quality improvement since its first accreditation visit in 1966 and we continue to learn and grow as a result.