What is CalWORKs? #
The California Working for Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a
welfare program offering financial assistance and services to qualifying families
with children in California. San Diego Mesa College supports CalWORKs students by
offering educational and career advancement, paired with top-tier support services.
This aids students in achieving their educational objectives, securing meaningful
work, and smoothly transitioning into the workforce.
Are You Eligible For Support Through CalWORKs? #
To be eligible, you must:
- Currently a CalWORKs recipient receiving cash-aid for themselves and at least one
- Provide current cash-aid “Notice of Action” documentation from the county.
- Be in good standing with Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA).
- Be enrolled or plan to be enrolled at San Diego Mesa College at least part-time in
a major that leads to employment.
- Complete a San Diego Mesa College CalWORKs Program Application
- Working towards one or more of the following:
- To improve work skills
- AA/AS Degree
- Transfer to a university